November 7

Measurement

Over the last two weeks we have been looking at measurement. This includes length, volume, mass and capacity. We have done lots of great activities over this time.

What have you learnt about measurement? Post a comment!

Image result for measurement

image

image

Posted November 7, 2016 by mrburdess in category Uncategorized

25 thoughts on “Measurement

1. Livvy$$$

Hi 3B, so what I’ve learnt is that 1000g =1kg.2. That 500g=0.5kg.3. That kilograms and grams are the the same as ml and L but ml and L only does liquid g and kg only does solids.

So that’s what I learned from capacity and mass
    Livvy!๐Ÿค“๐Ÿฆ„

2. MAKAYLA

Hi 3B I learnt a lot about capacity, I enjoyed trying to figure out what it was in the cup.
    I learnt that 1000 was a kilogram.what I really liked was,going around the classroom and predicting how much was in the cup.

3. CHE

Hi 3B, I have learnt a lot about measurement. I really enjoyed making the buildings out of tiny little blocks. 33rd street looked awesome once we had stuck all the buildings together. It was hard making the buildings out of only 33 blocks because there were lots of things I wanted to add on to my house but I didn’t have enough blocks! I really liked the estimation activity in which we had to look at the containers with water in them. I guessed exact numbers for my first three estimates and got them right. For the rest of my estimates I guessed in ranges and the answer was in my range. Making the rulers was really fun. The one that I made was about five millimetres away from a meter. Measurement is really, really, really, really fun!!!!! Plus there is a lot of things that you can learn about it! CHELSEA

4. BEABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo 3B,
    In mass I learn’t that 1000g=1kg and that 2000g=2kg and that 500g=0.5kg!
    It was so much fun!
    BEABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Anonymous

Visualising
      I read The Witch : I predicted everything would be witch like but it is actually normal.
      My visualising was too scary…

2. Deakin'....

Visualising
      My visualising was too scary…

5. THOMAS

Hi mrB I learned that 1000g is 1kg and 1000L is 1mL and 1 cup is 240L .
    The 33 street was awesome and I loved all of the great buildings made from 33 blocks.
    FROM THOMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. THOMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI LACHY I LOVED BUILDING HOUSES TOO.BUIDING HOUSE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿก๐Ÿ ๐Ÿš.FROM THOMAS.
        ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿš๐Ÿก

\/

6. Jahli Bennett

Hi 3B,I have loved learning about measurement it was so much fun.we did so many activities such as estimations on how much water in a cup( a measurement jug.)I got about 5 right the rest of them I gave a range for most of them I got within my range.Another activity we did was Mrs hilbrick came in and we Made our own chocolate boxes.I HAD SO MUCH FUN!1๏ธโƒฃ2๏ธโƒฃ3๏ธโƒฃ from JAHLI

7. DANIEL!!!

Hi 3B in measurement I learnt that 500g=0.5kg and heeps more thanks so much for teaching us that mr b๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

8. Taiyo๐ŸŒ‹

Hi Mr B,I loved doing measurement in maths my favourite activitie was doing 33rd street.I learnt that if you made a different shape building it still has the same volume.My building was called The Haunted cabin.My favourite part of measurement was mass and capacity I loved doing the litre activitie when you go around and estimate how much litres in each container. I love measurement!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

9. Sonny G

Hi 3B,
    In mesurements I have learned that 1,000g=1kg,and 1,500g=1.5kg,and 500g=.5kg.
    I had a great time learning about mesurements,didn’t you?

10. LACHY BEARโž•

HI 3B I learnt that. .5kg is aquivalent to 500g1๏ธโƒฃโž•1๏ธโƒฃ 2๏ธโƒฃI LOVE MATHEMATICS

11. Ashli Matthews

Hi Mr B๐Ÿ˜Ž
    I loved doing the measureing it was so fun trying to estimate how full all of the cups and jugs were it was awsomemazing ๐Ÿ˜€