November 13

Visualising

Last week we focused on visualising during reading sessions. Visualising is when you create a movie in your mind to bring what you are reading to life! You can use the words in the text and your own prior knowledge to help you visualise.

Choose a part from your story that you are reading and describe what you see when you visualise the scene!

Posted November 13, 2016 by mrburdess in category Uncategorized

18 thoughts on “Visualising

1. Sonny G๐Ÿ˜€

Hi 3B,
    When I was reading my book, I visualised a little boy at the beach looking at a whale in the distance.
    From Sonny G.๐Ÿณ

2. Another Angus

Hi 3B, I do a lot of visualising because I read a lot of novels. When I was reading my book I visualised The Cat wearing a helmet because the text said he wore a head piece.

Angus.

3. Ashli

Hi Mr B๐Ÿ˜Ž
    When we were doing visualising I enjoyed making the movie in my mind and I also liked the reading. When I read a chapter book with no Pictures it was fun trying to guess what the author was trying to do!

4. Makayla

Hi 3B in my story the palomino pony on parade,it said and Georgia quickly nudged lily into a canter.
    I visualised that Georgia was nudging lily her pony into a canter a hattie the border collie following behind them.

5. HAMISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI 3B!I do a lot of visualising because I read a lot of books

BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi 3B, I really enjoyed learning about visualising. While we were doing it I was reading Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets . A part from it was this: Harry crossed to his bedroom on tiptoe, slipped inside, closed the door and turned to collapse on his bed. The trouble was, there was already someone sitting on it. Harry managed not to shout out, but it was a close thing. The little creature on the bed had large, bat like ears and bulging green eyes the size of tennis balls. I visualised stepping into my bedroom and seeing a tiny creature with ginormous green eyes sitting on my bed. Harry Potter books are really good for visualising because they have no pictures so it doesn’t matter what you visualise. The other good thing is if you are doing visualising,it is really easy to visualise because J.K Rowling uses really good describing words. Chelsea

7. Pippa

Hi mr B I really enjoyed coming along with this journey of visualising it really Made a big difference on how I see a picture in my mind because before I didn’t use the clues in the text I used the picture in the movie but I finished a Harry Potter And the deathly hollows and the movie is nothing like I pictured it in my mind. Visualising really helps me make a movie in my mind when I don’t have pictures to help me out it inspires me to be able to rely on my mind to use the clues in the text to Be able to make a movie in my mind this is a relly good strategy for making picture when you don’t have a picture in the story one last tip it’s good to have a jotter or a scrap piece of paper beside you to jot down your movie in your mind so you can later turn it into a book with those exact pictures from your mind kind regards pip

8. Freddie

Hl Mr B I have loved visualising about the Kaboom Kid and how
    David gets into all different types of sports. ๐Ÿ
    Freddie

9. JAHLI

Hi 3B, I really enjoyed visualising I think everyone had a great time,well I know I did.My favourite part of visualising is making a movie in my mind it feels like the characters come to life.Thanks!
    Kind regards JAHLI 3B!๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜‡

10. BEABOOOOOOOOO!

Hi Mr Burdess,
    Harry Potter is a good book to do visualising in because it has no pictures.
    I love making movies in my mind!
    It is so much fun!
    BEABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. JAHLI

Hi 3b l did very well on visualising how Australia looked like when I was in my country .We didn’t sleep on so l had to visualise how it looked like l visualised that it had chains and it could swing.when I heard the name Australia l had to visualise how outside of the airport looked like.l visualised that the sky was like the ocean and the trees had there flowers.Next lead to visualise how my dad’s car looked like l visualised that it was and inside was comfy. Faiza

12. Jack

Hi 3B we’ve been doing some estimating and I nearly got it. I estimated the apple was 165 grams but it was 170 grams I was so close๐Ÿ˜ฉ(moan) Jacky out๐Ÿ˜œ