November 17

How Can We Reduce Our Waste?

Barwon Heads Primary School is focussing on reducing our waste and using less. One of the things we can do is bring along a lunch box every day, rather than wrapping our sandwiches and rolls in plastic wrap or a zip lock bag. You can also use a reusable drink bottle to cut down your plastic use.

Post a comment and share some other tips that will help reduce your waste at school and home.

Posted November 17, 2016 by mrburdess in category Uncategorized

16 thoughts on “How Can We Reduce Our Waste?

1. Dan shawπŸ‘Ύ

Hi 3B
    I use lots of reusable things like my drink bottle and instead of just buying new Lego pakets I find the instructions and make something new out of the old stuff to reduce the emount of plastic in our house πŸ”„πŸ”„

Dannnnnnnnn

2. Ashli

Hi Mr B πŸ„
    I really think that our school is number one with trying to bring reusable containers to school every day out of all the schools in Australia.I wonder who invented reusable containers whoever did they are really smart whoever invented plastic there clever but not smart!

πŸ€πŸ‰πŸ€πŸ‰πŸ€πŸ‰πŸ€πŸ‰πŸ€ Ashli

3. LACHY BEAR

HI 3B I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO PUT SOME BINS UP ON THE OVAL NEAR THE CRICKET NETS SO WHEN THE BOYS PLAY CRICKET THEY DONT HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE FAKE GRASS AND BACK AND THAT WOULD INCOURAGE TO USE THE BINS MORE.

4. MAKAYLA

Hi 3B here are some things we can do to help the environment.🌿
    Tip 1.)at shops we could stop using plastic bags and instead use knitted bags.
    Tip 2.) we could bring food with no plastic on it or around it.
    Tip 3.) every school could have a 2 minute session of picking up rubbish.
    Makayla

5. HAMISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi 3B!I think we could reduce our waste by using less rubbish in our lunch orders.We could reduce allmost half of the school waste by using less rubbish in lunch orders.

BY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. CHELSEA

Hi 3B, I have a few tips for you today on how to use less rubbish. So this is one of them: If you don’t have a lunchbox and you have to use a paper or plastic bag to put your snack and lunch in every day, well, I’ve got the solution for you! So you know how most shops have before school stuff around the end of the summer holidays? Well if you go into woolys at that time they have these really good lunch boxes and they are reusable and guess what? They come with all the containers to fit in them! I mean like, how awesome is that?! And if you have one of those lunch boxes you don’t have to use plastic anymore! That is one of my tips for you! Okay, here is one other one: If we get chickens they could have their own little area to walk around in. I think they wil make a big difference to the school. Here is my last tip: We should ask people to look after the borrow and bring back bags we made at the start of last year. People are taking them instead of plastic bags which is good, but the bad thing is that people aren’t taking them back. Lots of kids and their parents used their time to make the bags for the town and the people are not looking after them. The parents that helped out could’ve been doing whatever they wanted to do in their time but they used it to make the bags. Chelsea

7. Jahli

Hi 3B,here are some of my tips that I would like you to know.Tip 1 so every day I say too myself I should have plastic free food today ,when I’m packing my lunchbox of course.Tip 2 So I try the best I can too get a good lunchbox (now your probely wandering what do you mean)well this is what I mean.A lunchbox that’s got heaps of sections where you can store food(plastic free food).So I hope you all try to use these 2 tips.kind regards JAHLI

8. Deakin

To reduce waste people can stop using plastic. You can use re usable containers. This stops everyday cling wrap going into the environment. If you keep using plastic cling wrap you could end up killing your favourite fish. If you stop using the rubbish they will live. Plastic , metal rubbish and bags of rubbish trap fish, sharks, baby whales,dolphins,stingrays, eels,snakes, turtles and birds. They will eat it and it will go into their stomach and they will die. p D j LπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ«πŸ«πŸ¦πŸ°

9. CHIP!

Hi 3B I don’t like why lunch orders use so much rubbish.every day at school bins are half full or less.

I want it to STOP!!!!!!!!

THOMAS!!

10. Eco Warriors

Remember how around the start of last year some of the parents volunteered to help make some bags? We named them borrow and bring back bags. We made the borrow and bring back bags so that Barwon Heads doesn’t need to use heaps of plastic anymore. We used to use heaps of plastic bags and now we have reduced our amount of plastic we use.
    But… we’ve got a problem, So you know how we gave some of them to IGA? Well, they don’t have any left!
    If you have any borrow and bring back bags at your house you can either take them back to IGA or put them in a box at school. If you see any of the bags please return them!

11. Tizzy Taiyo

Hi Mr B,
    I have a few ideas to reduce the amount of rubbish at school.1.we should have a day where everyone has to bring reusable containers to school.2.we shouldn’t have lots of rubbish bins at school because when their full all the rubbish blows out and animals could eat it and die.3.no one should litter at school.
    πŸŒͺTaiyo

12. Zoe

Hi 3B we can reduce rubbish by reusing it.AND DO NOT THROW IT ON THE GROUNDS OKAY!.good
    I hope you understand from Zoe πŸ˜œπŸ‘Ύ

13. Harry

Hi 3B
    We could reduce the amount of plastic by not using so much paper and plastic in our lunch orders.
    And good job to enviro team for trying to make everyone put there rubbish back into their lunch boxes.
    From Harry

14. Faiza

Hi 3b,
    You know how people use a plastic bag for a packet of mentos well l’ve got a soulotion for you.
    Here is my soulotion.
    If you do have plastic pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee take it home so you’re parents can learn to give you less plastic.

15. Maggie

Hi 3B,
    You know how people use plastic bags to carry like 1 or 2 things well I’ve got a soulotion for you.
    If you do have plastic take it home to your parents so they can replace it for a paper bag or responsible centaner.
    Take 3 for the sea and it will be plactic free.
    MAGGIE