November 30

3D SHAPES

Over the last few weeks we have been looking at 3D shapes. We have designed and built them using nets and looked at their properties including faces, edges and vertices.

Post a comment about what you have learnt about shape. You could write about the shape you did for your learning task, where you can find them in everyday life or something new you have learnt. Post a comment!

image

image

image

Posted November 30, 2016 by mrburdess in category Uncategorized

7 thoughts on “3D SHAPES

1. MAKAYLA

Hello 3B
    My shape was the octagonal pyramid,it’s my favourite shape,that’s why I did that shape.
    I gave you 5 clues to try and guess my shape.
    The thing that I learnt about my shape that it has 16 edges.
    In everyday life you can find this shape in an ice cream shop.

Makayla

2. Chelsea

Hi 3B, I really enjoyed doing the 3D shape activity. If you didn’t guess, my shape was a dodecahedron. My clue of where to find it was if you looked at the new Geelong library because it’s sort of in that shape. A dodecahedron has 12 faces, 60 edges and 38 vertices. Making my own net was really fun and it was challenging but I still had fun doing it. It was really fun when we went around trying to work out other people’s shapes. When the grade twos came in to see our shapes they looked like they were that they were having a lot of fun. I learnt heaps of new 3D shapes while we were learning about the the subject and I had a lot of fun. Chelsea

3. Livvy

Hi 3B, my shape is a dodecahedron I learnt there’s loads more shapes than just a pyramids, prisms and other shapes like a dodecahedron & a octagonal pyramid! And there’s loads more that you can learn about shapes like a dodecahedron is made out of pentagons and if you half a sphere it’s a hemisphere! Livvy

4. JAHLI

Hi 3B,I really enjoyed learning about shape.My shape was a square base praymid you can find my 3D shape in Egypt. Some things you can make it with involve using match sticks and blue tack but there are way more things. I had fun taking the grade 2’s around to see our shapes.
    SHAPES RULE!

5. CHIP😎

HI 3B I LOVED THE GUESS MY SHAPE AND CAN YOU GUESS MY SHAPE.IT HAS10 VERTICES,15 EDGES AND 7 FACES.IT CAN BE A HOUSE. IT IS A PENTAGONAL PRISM. IT WAS VERY FUN DOING IT.FROM CHIP!😎

6. Daniel!!!

Hi 3B I have had a lot of fun learning about shapes like the icosidodecahedron,icosahedron and lots more shapes.The icosidodecahedron has 30 vertices and lots more.