This week is National Reconciliation Week, the theme this year is Let’s take the next steps
Reconciliation week is about respectful relationships between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-Indigenous peoples. Watch the BTN stories and write a comment about what you learned and how you can show the charater strength of fairness and respect with others.
Fynn’s going on a fantastic holiday overseas! We’re hoping that he will tell us about all his adventures by adding comments in the comment section below.
Write a message to Fynn here wishing him a great trip. Also if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Last week you looked at some different news articles from Behind the News. Choose your favourite piece. Re-watch it and write a comment about what you found interesting, a fact you found out and something you can do to help the environment.
Different environments and animal habitats.
This week you will be planting your own vegetables. Part of being sustainable means being able to grow your own food! We are going to be planting spinach or lettuce, your choice! Read the instructions below so you know what to do.
- Fill the pot with seed raising mix.
- Water the soil with a fine mist (use spray bottle).
- Sow the seed (plant it!) in pot and firm down.
- Put in greenhouse with vents closed. Put in a light position but not in direct sun.
- As soon as seedlings begin to emerge, open the vents on the lid to allow ventilation.
- Keep soil moist.
- Once plants are large enough to handle, they should be transplanted in to the garden. Harden off by removing the lid and moving to a sunny position a few days before planting outside.
What are your favourite vegetables? What do you like about gardening? What would you like to learn about plants? Write a comment in the comment section.