May 28

National Reconciliation Week

Image result for reconciliation week

This week is National Reconciliation Week, the theme this year is Letโ€™s take the next steps

Reconciliation week is aboutย respectful relationships between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and non-Indigenous peoples. Watch the BTN stories and write a comment about what you learned and how you can show the charater strength of fairness and respect with others.

http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s4239944.htm

http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3765672.htm

Image result for reconciliation week

Posted May 28, 2017 by mrburdess in category Uncategorized

8 thoughts on “National Reconciliation Week

1. Oliver.l and Jonty!

Hi 3B how,I think we should be more aware how our actions are affecting others.I learned that some abraoiniganals land what thought to be no ones land.In future I hope that a lot more can be done about our fairness.Jonty

2. Polly

Hi 3B
    I think that governments should be more aware about their actions and thoughts on ind indigenous Australians. I learnt how important Mabo day is and what it means to the country. I’m hoping that the rights of aboriginal people change in the very near future, maybe before the end of 2017
    From Isaac

3. STELLA and MALIA

Hi 3B We think people should be more aware of indigenous peoples!!!! We think that all land should be shared !!! Make sure that you always respect your elders !!! From STELLA and MALIA

4. Jordan

HI .3B a long time ago Australia was ruled by aboriginals and their culture they had none of these ๐Ÿ“ฑAll they had is wooden toys and instruments but they wher happy we have to trust aboriginals. most of all Mabo he won victory after he died he claimed Australia for his tribe and other tribes. From Jordan๐Ÿ˜Ž

5. jules

hi fynn I’m sorry I spelled your name rong I hope you have a good time in USA ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ๐Ÿ˜ญI’m sad that your gone and Oscar is sad to.

6. Mitch and xavier

Hi 3B, I think that people should be more aware that indigenous people lived here first before we came from xavier and Mitch๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ฐ๐Ÿ‘’๐Ÿง

7. EDIE AND GEOGIE ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ

HI 3B
    We Should appreciate people with different colour skin because they are the same as us and it doesn’t matter what they look like it only matters if they are kind.
    For an example if someone has different colour skin be nice to them and they will be nice to you.
    That is why I believe you should not judge others by they skin From Edie and geogie

8. Edie ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Hi 3B
    My favourite poem was MY NAME IS MAGICAL I liked it because it was coming from the heart and it was very touching and meaningful I also liked I LIKE TO STAY UP LATE because it was a bit funny but serious at the same time.๐Ÿข๐Ÿธ